Friday, April 11, 2008

The ONLY one

Today I'm gonna express something(s) shy Nicole usually wouldn't. I'm getting cozy on this blog (hopefully not that many people read it anymore).....

April already?! My year of purposeful singleness is coming to an end in 3 months. I didn't even realize it. Honestly, I recommend this to anyone that finds themselves coasting from one relationship to another. We all need a break.

What I've learned so far:

1. I'm shallow. My bfs were all sexy but offered not much else. They were funny and sexy. That's it. What a shame.

2. I looked outward for validation. Another shame.

3. My weight is DIRECTLY related to my relationship stress level. A horrible shame.

4. My hair doesn't define me. I can still be NicHova without long straight hair. A blessing.

5. I'm still going to be a work in progress even after my year is over. I'll always strive to be better....not different. A basic truth.

6. I gots a temper and I can no longer let it rule me. A breakthrough.

7. I am guilty of intellectual snobbery. A wretched shame.

8. The real me wears her heart on her sleeve.....that's uncomfortable but it's me so I have to embrace it. A trait of beauty.

9. I am an engulfing spirit bent towards the care of others. A long awaiting revelation.

10. I only really like a handful of women. A mystery.

11. I have regrets I will always live with. A sad past.

12. I had/have a void my father should have filled. A healing.

13. I will always be misunderstood. A shoulder shrug.

14. Love for me is a way of life, not a feeling. A smile.

15. Not all love comes back. A final acceptance.

I am the ONLY one that can say these things.

No comments: