Monday, April 21, 2008

Multichotomies

I'm sure everyone has heard Raheem Devaughn's new album. I love it. That and Jill Scott's new one are two of my favs for this year. (Still waiting on Mr. Maxwell to drop some love on me).

The guy that is on there with the poem (Malik Yosef I think) said one line that I can't get out of my head...'...you are God and body same as me, so I worship your dichotomy....."

It's moreso the word dichotomy. I think that's me in several ways. I don't have multiple personalities or anything but my passion is polarized and intense. I've always wanted to end up with someone that appreciates the sides of me. I've got angles and corners to my personality. I tend to veer more towards one or two in order to make things easy for who I'm with. I end up sacrificing portions of who I am and that's when at the end of it all I feel like I'm a little lost.

The first half of the line is something too. Not because he says that she is God and body but because it shows that he recognizes what he is as well. He says 'same as me'. SEXY. Please go back and read my blog 'Black men reading' to understand. Black men are mini-God's here on earth. This man seems to know that so he can write about his woman and describe her in such a way that sounds regal. He's elevated her. Yes yes, Nichova approves.


I've been admiring my own dichotomy. I don't believe in self-worship, that's opposite to the humility I strive for. And I don't admire the shapes that make me just because they exist but because God put them in there. When He breathed into my body and my soul came to be, I can't imagine His mindset. It's pretty awesome to think about. And all of us have these unique bends and curves that make us incredible.

All of mine should be adored.

Is trichotomy a word?
Quadrichotomy?
I'll say that I got multichotomies.

No comments: