Monday, April 28, 2008

Born Again in Love

Wow Wow Wow!!!! I did soooo much this weekend. I ended it all by sleeping 14hrs. Refreshed!

I got baptized! It was the best day of my life to this point. I felt just fine without the make-up and jewelry. I sorta liked it. Cut out like 20min of prep time. My hair is so low maintenance right now I'm thinking very seriously about dreading my hair in a year or two.

When I put on the white robe and then walked into the big pool it felt a lil surreal. Being in the water you do feel the parallel of being born again. I did feel like I was giving up my old self and leaving her in that water. It was really amazing. Only way to understand is to get in there an experience it for yourself.

It was great to stand there and watch the person after me and know that ALL the crazy things I did in my life up until that point were forgotten and I have a new way to live. Not that I won't sin, just that I have a help through it all. He had an amazing story. His wife was praying for him for over a decade and he finally made the decision to do it. Tearful moment.

And my daddy came. :) I was happy he came. My friends came too. :) Thanks!!!! I need you guys to help me. Hold me accountable for the things I do that are obviously wrong. I am tryna stop cursing and drinking alcohol. So slap my hand if you see me reaching for a glass of wine or something.

Oh and yes I had to sing on the praise team. Most said we sounded aight and others (my sis, a veteran singer in church) could notice that we were uncomfortable. I think for not practicing with our musicians, having bronchitis, and not being able to hear myself in the mic we did ok. It'll be much better next time....

And there was lunch at my house. There were lots of people there. Thanks to my mom and some ladies of the church for helping with the cooking.

This blog is long so I'll do another post on the rest of the weekend's activities shortly.

Thank you to all those who came to support me. I felt sooooo very loved. Thank you for the cards and the hugs and kisses and even the tears. Thank you for spending time with me. When I looked out and saw all those people standing for me my life felt full. Thank you for loving me.

Thank you!!!

1 comment:

My-My said...

Awwww....NICHOVAAAA!!! I must say that I seriously admire what you're doing. I will be sure to pop your hand when you reach for that wine, and pop those lips if they spew a bad word. You better watch it!