Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Still Hating.

As I type this I am listening to Jill Scott.....Hate on Me. Seems fitting.

I'm tryna be a good person. I really am. I'm trying not to cuss folk out. I'm trying not to be a b*tch. But how much longer I can hold out I don't know. Some people really don't learn to stop hating until you clip em in the throat.

Haters. I have plenty. I don't say it to be cocky like I have something everyone should hate on but I have haters none the less. It's a reality. They've been lurking in the shadows of my confidence since elementary school. Ofcourse they are females.

I need to understand why though? Why is it that when a woman attains success (no matter the kind) other women MUST hate. Something as simple as growing out your perm and loving your real hair becomes a problem for some. Before I didn't mind; I somewhat welcomed it. But since I entered this time of growth and transformation I really do want to get along better with women and maybe even befriend a few.

I have a temper. I'm working on it. But haters, and I know some of you read my blog faithfully, don't make this journey more difficult by forcing me to check you. I'm a funny person and I like to laugh but I'm not a joke. I can only take so much phoniness. If you don't like me please leave me alone cause I probably don't like you either. No loss. We all grown now. Who cares?! Not everyone is necessary to me. (Unbelievable that I am 25 writing this mess)

I find it crazy that haters sprout up like weeds around you the minute you start to do good for yourself. They love it when you are doing wrong or even worse, doing nothing. But let you realize how amazing you are and heifers just start to grow horns and carry pitch forks. Let you start embracing your worth and the avid sluts take offense.

And another thing, passive aggression doesn't work on me. Sorry. I like myself WAY too much to care. Thats for little girls. And WHO STILL DOES THAT?!?! Gosh!

I am really a sweet person people, but I had to let a few haters know to chill in a subtle way. Just because I'm about to get baptized does not mean I'm a pushover or that you won't be confronted in a not so subtle way if you don't chill. (....making me feel like I'm borderline compromising my faith)

I'll resume normal blogging tomorrow.
So sorry to all those who don't hate.

3 comments:

T said...

hmmm...i'm lost.

NicHova said...

I know buddy. Cause you don't hate. It's for specific folk and they know who they are when they read it.

Maryk6 said...

i don't knw which is worst. A female hater or a male hater?!? Cuz i got both... and like you said i don't say like i got something to hate on but then again what would the point of hating be?