Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thankyou.....

It's Sunday morning and I haven't made it out of my room for the morning yet. I was up late last night. I went to Community Praise Center SDA Church in VA for a program titled "Ellingtons". It was really nice. It was a Christian-centered open-mic, neosoul type of program with a few featured artists. I realized that I rarely go out anymore. My schedule is gym, work, church, home. And that keeps me BUSY.
My thank you this morning is for the Sabbath. PRAISE GOD for His day! I sooo look forward to the sun setting each Friday. Alot of my friends of course don't understand it. They see it as 'a bunch of stuff I can't do". I've realized that God has created his commandments to protect me not to hinder me from enjoying life. The more I obey the more enjoyable life is.
God has given me a day to just chillax. I get to forget all about the world I live in and focus on Him. That's a present not some annoying rule. And I don't do it because it's a commandment. I try my best to do God's will because I trust Him. I obey out of love and respect. And as I obey I realize that His way saves me from soooo much heartache. It's just like doing what your mom says after you've become an adult. She can't beat you anymore but you still listen because she knows best, her wisdom is above yours and because she loves you, you know she won't lead you astray......Anybody understand what I'm saying?
I struggle alot with it because most of my friends don't get it. I feel like an alien because of it. I was raised this way so for me it's second nature to wind down Friday afternoon. I know that Sunday worship is not biblical but I'm not gonna cram anything down someone's throat. (btw, DO NOT leave me any ignorant comments bc I said Sunday worship is not biblical. Just read your bible and let His Spirit lead you to truth)
This blog is moving around topics...as is usual for me. I just wanted to express how thankful I am for the Sabbath.......

No comments: