Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bodily Functions

This blog isn't just about bodily functions in general. Specifically I have issues with women who feel the need to discuss their menstruation with anyone else just because we have the same genitalia. I DON'T WANNA KNOW.

I was raised by a mother who taught my sister and I about being private young ladies. It has nothing to do with shame. It's just what we see as 'proper'. Once again, I like being a girl but why must women gather in groups and immediately talk about periods and breast tenderness. It makes me uncomfortable.

Yes there is a time for it though. If my friend just gave birth then hey it's cool. If you're breast feeding, fine. I'll probably have a whole host of questions for her actually. But outside of the appropriate setting a discussion about menstruation for me is just like talking about passing gas.

Also, we are grown women now. It's been happening month after month since we were like 12. Why are women STILL groaning about cramps and headaches and backaches and the whole nine yards. If you haven't figured out a way to solve this problem you have been experiencing for over a decade, I am sorry, you need to throw in the towel. Just turn in your life card to the man upstairs.

Midol, Pamprin, Advil......whatever it takes! Just Shut UP!!! I couldn't imagine what it's like for a man to date a whining woman like this. It's probably marked in his outlook calendar so he can brace himself for the hurricane of irritation about to blow through his life.

This is a pet peeve of mine and I am sure no one agrees with me. It's cool. I just really don't want to talk about it if you aren't in my inner circle. The relationship must have a level of closeness first. And even then, there must be a valid purpose.

3 comments:

T said...

Hmmm...i almost had to skip this blog entry from the unappealing title...however upon closer examination i DEFINITELY should have followed my male intuition...i have nothing of substance to add for this topic.

NicHova said...

I didn't expect many comments. Apparently I'm a bitch for not wanting to listen to whining women in my head all day. (That is what I was called yesterday btw)
It's cool.
I'm Hova!

Unknown said...

yeh i agree... we men don't go around talking about how .... well ya know