Friday, March 7, 2008

Groan and smile

Today didn't feel like it's going to be a good day. I had a HORRIBLE night. I have slept maybe two hours before coming to work this morning. I drank coffee at my hair appt last night to make it through (I totaled a car because I fell asleep at the wheel a few years ago so I have a phobia about drowsy driving) and she finished so fast that I didn't really need to. I got home and simply COULD NOT sleep. It was the worst!

But God is funny though. This week I didn't really talk to Him much and last night I did. For hours! Amazingly after God and I had our chit chat I relaxed and finally dozed off. I bought a really cool book to read while my hair was being braided. I've been so busy that I forgot that reading was one of the ways I maintained an intimate relationship with God. It's cool to hear different perspectives on things from people trying to get to heaven like you.

The title of this blog is meant to describe many of my experiences. I was miserable last night because my thoughts kept racing and I couldn't sleep but through that God found some time to tug at me and talk to me. The groaning wasn't fun but I woke up with a smile this morning.

I have to remember to take life easy. It's hard not to get caught up in the hustle of this world and it's demands. Each day, not just the Sabbath, belongs to the Lord. And when I forget that I start to feel heavy, and tired, and exhausted. I end up writing ignorant blogs...lol. It's like running on regular unleaded when my engine requires the premium grade.

Thank goodness the Sabbath is approaching......Best time of the week.

No comments: