Wednesday, March 19, 2008

'Gotta get my life together......'

So I missed a day yesterday...I had NOTHING to talk about. But one call to a member of the inner circle (thanks T!) has provided the needed inspiration.

Why does EVERYONE seem to be tryna get their lives together? I find myself mumbling this randomly during the day as well, "Ugh, I need to get my life in order." Everywhere I turn folks are trying to 'get it together'. lol. Why?!

Has anyone noticed that we will NEVER be satisfied with life. There will always be SOMETHING to 'get together'. In highschool I was all about getting ready for college. Then in college, after I was done partying and dating guys I shouldn't have, I was all about 'tryna graduate'. Now that I'm in the working world I'm tryna 'pay off my truck, buy a house, build my savings, lose weight, decide on my next degree, find my self......." lol. This is ridiculous.

It'll never end. When I've done all that and I have a husband and kids and all that there will be a new set of things I'm 'tryna do'.....save for retirement, get these kids outa my house, get a tummy tuck & breast lift, refinance my 20yr old house, ward off cancer, keep the lovin spicy, mammograms, write my will, build a beach house in st. lucia.... bla bla bla.

My brain is pulsating, isn't yours?

I don't really know what the solution is. Can't live without aspirations and goals. But this sounds alot like an internal rat race to me. I think what I'll do is just pick one big goal and do what is necessary to attain that one. For example, I'm want to be in a profession that allows me to travel. So instead of focusing on the minutia of the various steps to getting there I'll keep my eye on that big prize and gather my inspiration from there. This will keep me from side-stepping into other things I'm 'tryna' do instead of what I 'need' to do so I get what I 'want'.

So basically I'll need to really figure out what Nichova wants out of life. REALLY REALLY wants. Like family, companionship, happiness, freedom, peace..... And center my life around these things instead of the nonsense of this world. When I'm on my death bed I'm not going to remember the millions of times I sat down with a pen and pad and tried to plan out my budget. I'll remember times I spent near water and loved ones.

No comments: