Thursday, June 5, 2008

Zen

I need another retreat. lol. I just went to one for Memorial Day weekend but I really need a serious week long retreat to nowhere. I need to sit in somebody's meadow and crack my toes and scratch my scalp.

I was at work last night until 10pm. Yes 10PM!!! I worked for 14hrs straight....no lunch break.
Then I went home and finished up some spreadsheets due today on my personal laptop. I got in and IMMEDIATELY got to work because my deadline was 10am. As soon as I printed them and handed them off (at 9:47am) the power to the bldg shut off. We are running on the back up generators now. I had a few emergencies to take care of and before I realized it 12:45pm was staring me in the face. I had NO breakfast. Not even a drink of water.

I went to lunch just to get outa the office. I needed to see the sky. I forgot what daylight looks like.

I cannot let myself be so busy that I rebuild my stress. I think I wrote a blog about this already but so what. It's true. Stress is just so dangerous. But I have found that my mood is still cheerful when I'm stressed so I'm making progress.

The most relaxing thing I did this week was take myself to dinner and read a book until I was contented. I used to curl up with good books all the time in high school. By the time college came around I was reading so many textbooks that I didn't read anything for pure fun. I want my old habit back. It was my world away from the world.

Last fall I would go for 20min jogs in the morning outside. Now that was actually relaxing. I always had a good day when I started it with that. Fall and Spring weather are perfect for this.

Whatever it is that gets you into your Zen mode please find time to get there every single day. It can add years to your life.

2 comments:

Maryk6 said...

Nichova we should do morning runs on the weekend =0)

After all my blog reading for the day I must admit my spirits are a bit down.

I need to totally run after work or something and clear my mind.

Also, lots and lots of prayer

NicHova said...

we should totally do the run thing. Bel Pre Road has the crucial hill. Good for the calves and buttocks.

Oh please girl do not let these blogs affect your mood. It's not that serious.

But clearing your mind daily is totally a must. You just need some silence here and there.