Friday, June 27, 2008

My sister is a turtle and I'm sooo proud!!!

OH MAN!!! I THINK I MIGHT CRY. My sister got into the school of her choice today.

Praise God!!!

I have watched her anxiety grow since she sent in that application. I was so worried for her that I started to prep her just in case she didn't get in. I was asking her about her alternative plans to reassure her that there would be success regardless.

But God is good and she is faithful.

I am very proud of my sister. The two of us are pretty much doing it all on our own and it's not easy. She's got a full time job and she's been a full time student. She had to become responsible for herself sooner than she should have but she didn't crumble under that pressure.

In this instance I feel like I can completely worry about myself now. I've been concerned about her being self sufficient and I didn't want to leave and go to grad school or something without her situation being secure. I know this burden was hers but I feel a weight off of me. So I guess I'm up to bat.

The world is wide open. The opportunities are endless and dreams are attainable. You just have to work hard even when no end is in site.

She's now a turtle. Does that trump a retriever?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes turtles trump Retrievers! Go Terps! (Wow that sounds weird...)

Metro Man said...

Terp Alum checking in. Cograts to your sister. When/Where is the party?

NicHova said...

I'll be sure to let you know....
she enjoys your blog btw.

Maryk6 said...

AMEN... God is Good!