Thursday, June 12, 2008

Caged

I have been slacking again. My job is keeping me quite occupied during the day.
These people and their crazy expectations of actual work.....

Emily King has been playing at my desk and in my car for about 3 days now. It's rare that I become absorbed in an album after hearing it only once.

She's not a great singer but her music gets me. Or at least a part of me. She reminds me of Lauryn Hill but not the famous Lauryn Hill; the guitar playing one. I LOVED the MTV uncut album. I rock that album more than Miseducation. She wasn't about entertaining she was just pouring her creativity. Raspy voice and unkept eyebrows. I miss her.

My favorite song on Emily's album is 'Ride with Me'. Just listen to it. It sounds alot like many of my earlier blogs....before I got a little lost. I lost the focus of my blogging. I don't mind that people read em. And it's cute to read the responses but at the end of the day they've ALWAYS been for me.

When I go back and read them I see the many folds of my personality. I've learned alot about me. I'm quite pleased with what I have observed. Quite proud of myself and how I handle myself especially. I'm not perfect of course but I'm generally a good person and I am a caring person as long as you don't act ridiculous. Actually I still care regardless, I just find a way to distance myself. I've been bound for so long and it feels GREAT to feel free from all the 'extra'.

But as the song says, I feel trapped in a cage at times. I'm not a narcissist but I feel like this planet aint enough. A regular life just aint enough. That's what drives me to travel. It's like I'm getting outa my cage.

I wish I was rich. Not cause I love money but so I could just ride in the wind. (lol sometimes I think I belong in those old black and white films full of happy endings)

I'm waiting for it to feel real and familiar and safe. July 18th is when it all begins....

btw. It has taken me 3 days to write this blog. that's how busy I have been.

No comments: