Thursday, June 5, 2008

Straight bashing

Yes. I will write on this topic hopefully only once for the sake of all those who might not understand Nichova on the very sensitive issue of homosexuality.

Nichova does not approve. But so what?! Who the hell cares?! I certainly don't care who approves of me outside of God. The problem is that I am not passive about my beliefs. If asked I share them passionately. That's just me. (you should get into it with me on politics for a preview....)

I think homosexuality is wrong on so so many levels but that is my belief and I don't force it on anyone. Nor do I judge and label people based on their sexuality. Folks can be gay as they wanna be and still be my friend as long the lifestyle isn't something I have to stomach on a detailed level. Isn't that fair?

I think people simply don't understand the strides many people like me have made to be tolerant. Once again, tolerate not accept. One thing I've learned through my spiritual growth is to learn how to love people through friendship. Friends don't have to agree on things but they can still love each other.

Just like how I think cursing and fornication and drinking alcohol is bad yet all my friends do it. No one gets pissed at me for saying I don't agree with drinking. No one accuses me of hating all alcoholics just cause I think drinking is wrong. Yet because I think homosexuality is wrong that means I hate gay people?! I don't get the logic. I really dont.

Nichova has boundaries in her life. I have a value system and a belief system set up for ME and the family I hope to have one day. Those systems cannot be regulated by the outside world. I don't care what the world thinks is ok, that doesn't dictate what I think is ok based on my relationship with God. As that relationship grows those systems also evolve. But I have reinforced those boundaries and until I get the world from God they simply not gonna move.....I don't care what laws are past.

I like all people. Respect all people. Can be friends with all people because we are all the same. We are all sinners and pretty much losers when compared to the universe. My issues are just as bad as homosexuality so why would I judge?

Maybe I'll call it straight bashing. That's what it feels like. Just cause you don't agree with it means you're ignorant? Since when? I have an actual set of reasons why I don't agree. Ignorance is holding to your stance without educated reasoning behind it.

I thank God for the strength He has given me to stand firm on certain things. Every day I have to wake up and tell myself not to do certain things so that one day the right things become my norm. It wasn't always the norm to speak up and say the difficult things.....now it almost is. :)

2 comments:

LudaKhris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryk6 said...

I curse though I try hard not to but it comes out like word vomit. I drink but occasionally. I try to limit myself to one to two drinks. I am not an alcoholic though...

I too try hard to start off every new day w/o committing the sins I did the day before b/c no one is perfect none the less sinless. We can only pray to be as great as HE, our lord and savior.

I agree that there are a lot of things in the world we do not embrace due to our religion and just b/c we tolerate it does not by any means mean we accept it. Religion and society just don't add up. We are who we are, we have to accept that and only God can judge us.