Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Unbreakable Bond

On my way to work I was listening to 96.3FM and Robin Thicke was on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I think that man is so sexy btw. If I ever do date a white guy he's gotta be something like that. But he gave his opinion on the Strawberry Letter and I just thought he was profound. Basically he said 'If what you have today is better than what you didn't have yesterday, work on keeping it'. That helps me when I think about forgiving people and moving on. Yes the past is hurtful but if what you have in the present makes you happy you need to just work on moving on.

I think about my exes from time to time and now I can laugh (most of the time). I was PISSED with all of em at some point. When Nichova goes off it's really an ugly scene. I'm not proud to say that my last two relationships required police involvement to end them. All that 'extraness' is not me but I didn't have a choice. Looking back those relationships probably saved my life. The first was bad but I didn't listen so I had to go through the second to really stop my ridiculousness and get back on track. Now I look back at those two and thank them for the roll they've played in my life.

Every single guy I've dated, I've only had 4 real boyfriends in my entire life, has left an imprint on me. I've learned something. Either he turned out to be such a jerk that I know what NOT to look for or I've extracted the good qualities to know what to look for. Every one of them had something good or I wouldn't have been attracted to them. Usually it was humor and good looks.

One has left an undeniable impression on me. To this very day I can't explain why or even how. I think it's a spiritual thing. It's the WORST when you allow your spirit to get all entangled in another person's. When the relationship ends there is simply nothing you can do to break that bond. I am bonded to him for LIFE no matter what I do. I have finally realized this so I'm not fighting it any more. This can only happen to you once in life. Because of this bond I don't think I'll ever be able to repeat that with another person. There will always be 'something' that I haven't given because it lives with another. (I'm going to delete this blog before I find the man I'ma marry lol)

Today's blog is done. I wrote the pieces at different times of day so please overlook the disjointed feeling.

BTW. MAXWELL BABY I LOVE YOU!!!!

I hope everyone saw him on the BET Awards last night. If not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1LjrMYeuJI
feast upon him in awe.

I'm a tiny fan of his.

1 comment:

Maryk6 said...

you know how I feel about my ex's. I love some, I dislike some... but from all I took something with me and carried it onto the next. For the most part it was good stuff, like what not to do or some signs I didn't catch before. Sadly, I took some of my baggage of mistrust and hurt w/ me as well. I'm learning now to completely let that go before ever getting into another relationship. You live, laugh, love and learn.

P.S

I think you meant ROLE instead of ROLL...