Monday, June 16, 2008

Crazy Weekend.

So I'm gonna write this blog and get it outa the way before my work week gets outa hand once again...

CRAZY CRAZY weekend! My body is all sore.

Thursday - Up until almost 4AM taking my braids out. This was a four day job folks!

Friday - end of my workweek but just the beginning of the weekend madness. I was in Shoppers Food Warehouse until 8pm and I left with a cart load of drinks and things to make drinks. (I shall explain later) My upper body and lower back were throbbing by the end of this day.

Saturday - I was late to church because I simply couldn't get outa my bed. I missed the Children's Choir debut (that really upset me). I went to my friend's home for lunch. Went home to change and head right back to church again.

My mom organized a Gospel/Jazz cafe. I was responsible for all the drinks. And since I'm Nichova I went overboard. I only offered mixed drinks (absent the alcohol of course). They were great though! So great that I was thrown back into my restaurant serving days when over 100 guests ordered their mixed drinks AT THE SAME TIME!!!! :( OH MY GOSH!! I wanted to cry for a split second when the servers (some of the youth of the church) dropped off all their orders in a huge pile in front of me. I spilled club soda all down my shirt and crotch but an hour later I was done! Whew! I don't even remember how I did it. But I have impressed myself. Those who didn't come missed out...

BTW the concert/cafe was incredible. I was blessed even though I was in the back of the room losing my mind.

I didn't leave until after midnight because the church had to be cleaned and set up for the next day's events.

Sunday - I returned at 930AM to assist with the Father's Day brunch. Women were cooking, I was setting up and arranging and whatnot. EXHAUSTED. After serving the men and photographing the program I cleaned up. No easy job. Dishes for days I tell you. Btw, I once again offered an array of drinks. Teas and juices and whatnot.

Went home and took a nap. Washed my hair FINALLY. Went out with sis and Dad. Saw Indiana Jones and went to Macaroni Grill. Got home at almost 11pm. Watched the rest of the NBA finals (I hate the Lakers). Pin curled my hair and fell into a coma.

Monday - TIRED!

My outlook calendar is incredible this summer. I don't know how I'm going to do it all. But honestly I love it all. It's rewarding to serve. I just didn't realize how many muscles you needed to do it.

No comments: