Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Willpower, I think not!!!

I can't take it no more!!!! FOOD IS KILLING ME!!

I been steadily losing weight until a few weeks ago when the spring weather hit. I cannot get away from food! There is a cook out or pool party or something CONSTANTLY. What the heck. This is precisely why I wanted to lose all the weight before summer cause I knew what would happen.

For example, this is what's about to happen to me in just the upcoming days:

Today: breakfast social at work, evening social at church....delicious foods at both occasions.

Thursday: Happy hour at Fridays for a co-worker's last day.....Spinach dip and Jack Daniels wings!

Friday: Baby shower at work for coworker....they have ordered Famous Dave's for this event!

Saturday: Sabbath lunch, friend's bday party that evening. There will be a macaroni pie involved somewhere on that day.

Sunday: Kings Dominion. Yes I'll be walking but you know you can't bring food in there. I'll end up eating a pizza most likely and ice cream and funnel cake on the way out!

And honestly, this is how it has been for all of May and now it's moving into June. The only way that I can combat this is to really work it out in the gym. I'm gonna have to become radical with the workouts. I've brought a set of gym clothes to work so I can jog on my lunch break.

At least I'm not gaining weight. But the whole point was to lose.

And please, I don't want nobody leaving comments on here about willpower. Take that crap somewhere else. Willpower is for losers. I like to eat tasty treats. I don't gorge myself but I just don't believe in being unhappy at social events. If there is a party and I'm hungry I'm gonna eat what they've provided as sustenance. Thank you.

Nichova

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it but its the simple things to cut out of your life... I would suggest, treats, sweets, and soda (unless your eating). I haven't bought any junk food in almost a year, I still say there's nothing to eat although the kitchen is filled with food! Its usually water unless im at a meal... So essentially your only eating at meals... you can still have your cake but only when your at a meal.
On weekends let yourself go free...

NicHova said...

No. Those lil things don't work on me. I know my body quite well and it's complicated. I will only lose weight in the gym. Period. It helps to eat properly (and generally I do). It's just these recent social events that have been screwing with me. I gotta work harder than normal now.
I don't see why I should cut things I enjoy out of my social life! If I'm having fun then I think I can eat some meatballs. Simply not gonna punish myself like that. I'll just work it off in the gym.

Unknown said...

Well if you ever wanna go running let me know!

NicHova said...

Update!
So I was tryna eat my lettuce sandwich for lunch and ofcourse there was a tray of baked treats right at the receptionist's desk. I tried and tried and tried but I couldn't do it. I ate one of them mini muffins and OMG! My eyes rolled to the back of my head and I let out a moan. I didn't even realize it. My coworker saw it and she just started laughing at me. I swear I cannot deprive myself of things.
I will spend 4hrs in the gym this afternoon.

LudaKhris said...

I wouldn't say willpower is the key but balance is! If your gonna enjoy that snickers than eat a salad or something to balance it out. Or skip a meal. Just watch your overall calories.

We all love our snacks.

Maryk6 said...

am I the friend's b-day party Saturday evening you mentioned? =0)

YOU REALLY LOVE ME!

NicHova said...

LOL. Yes Mary it's your party....