Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You'd be so nice......

I'm not upset anymore. I've moved on....

I have a list of things to talk about but I'm taking a mental break today.

Lyrics to my favorite song:

You'd be so nice to come home to
You'd be so nice by the fire

While that breeze on night sings a lullaby
You'd be all my heart could desire
Under stars chilled by the winter
Under an August moon shining above

You'd be so nice you'd be paradise
To come home to and love

At times I'll just put that song on repeat and let it play for hours. It's simple but soul stirring. My favorite version is performed by Ms. Nina Simone. She plays the piano to lead it in for almost 4minutes. Majority of the emotion is in her piano interpretation of the music. I'm ready to burst before she ever sings a note.

Everyone that appreciates REAL music has a song that is them. This song is me. All I need to hear is the first piano note and my mood is automatically shifted and my eyes close. Anyone that 'gets' this song also 'gets' me.

What song is you?

2 comments:

Maryk6 said...

I get you, I get you!!! I am "Your Love Is King," I love Sade!!!

NicHova said...

Yes I have some Sade on my list of songs as well. I like 'It's all about our love'.