Thursday, May 29, 2008

'My' Shooting Star

I love me!

Ever feel that way about yourself? It's a cool feeling to have. And to genuinely have it.

I am chubby. I got about 25lbs of fat distributed across my body. My hair is in some weird phase of 3.83 quarters natural and 0.17 quarters perm. I gots a puffy circle under my right eye. My right pinky toe is developing a corn :( The tattoo on my hip doesn't quite look the same. My top lip is skinnier than the bottom. The nail on the middle finger of my right hand grows crooked. And the list goes on....

BUT

I really really love me.

:)

I wish everyone would feel this way about themselves. Of course God got me to this place of euphoria. Sorry but He's the only way. We were made to reflect love. We're lil flowers and we grow when we are watered with love and affection and attention. I'm trying to reflect the love expressed by God!

Just like on a small scale we feel unsure of ourselves if our parents never showed us any love. Same goes here. People in abusive relationships are often the most unsure, shy individuals you'll ever meet.

Think about the most beautiful place you've ever been to. Imagine that the whole scene was created just to make you smile. Wouldn't you feel special?

Imagine that waterfalls and starfish and diamonds and sunsets etc were all made just for you. Or crystal clear waters and dolphins and giraffes and fluffy clouds and morning dew and gentle breezes and cresting waves were made just to entertain you.

I saw a shooting star when I was watching the moon rise this weekend and I felt so special. Like God was putting on a show for me. Sounds silly but I believe it's real.

Accept God's gifts to you through creation and then you'd understand how God makes me feel!

1 comment:

Maryk6 said...

I'm really feeling that... and you know I LOVE ME!!!