Saturday, May 10, 2008

Naked

I'm back!

I attended a Conference for Women yesterday and I've got blogging material for at least a good month. Please visit regularly so I can drop some knowledge on your foreheads.

It is Sabbath morning right now. I'm waiting for my lil cousin to get out of the shower so I can get in (she takes forever).

I think I've changed. ALOT. I wore my face full of make-up yesterday for the conference for the first time since my baptism. I felt SOOOO unconfortable. I don't think I can do it anymore. The exercise the Pastor forced me to do seems to have made a big difference in my life. I simply feel better as the natural me. The whole day I felt like a clown with facepaint on.

Later in the afternoon I went to get my biweekly mani-pedi. I got my favorite shade of green on my toes and I got a cute neutral on my fingers. I must say that I prefer the neutrals. The green feels awkwardish.

I don't think my change has anything to do with religion or faith or any of that. I think it has to do with acceptance. The real me does not have bright red lips or green toes. lol. I've been wearing make-up for so long that the natural me got lost in all the shades. I don't advocate for either or. I just know for me I'm going to try and enhance what I already look like naturally.

I gave it some thought at the nail shop. My nail lady is so beautiful to me. And then I realized I've never seen her with a stitch of make-up or loud nail colors or anything. She's beautiful to me BECAUSE she's cozy with herself the way she is.

So look forward to me sporting myself with a far more neutral pallet of shades....if I wear any at all.

Oh and I had the same experience with my jewelry.

1 comment:

Maryk6 said...

I'm all over it! I don't wear make up anyways... I love being in my skin =0)