Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hypocrite or Human?

Hova had an interesting morning. Tore my house up looking for my car keys. Finally after I decided to just take the bus I found them in my purse :(

I go out to my truck and yes, I left my sunroof COMPLETELY open and ofcourse it rained buckets last night so my car was damp. Most of the interior is leather so my seat was ok but I found a few puddles of water here and there. It was just annoying. (I've done this about 3-4x actually)

Today I want to discuss hypocrisy. I was watching The Mole last night and these two men were arguing. As soon as the Christian guy said something a lil ignant the other guy started calling him a hypocrite. Saying that his whole life was a contradiction. lol.

My question is why is it that Christians gotta be called a hypocrite all the time? Is it really hypocrisy or are we just humans prone to human mistakes? Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are perfect or can miraculously leave your past behind. EVERYBODY has their struggles and the bad habits that are hard to break. I, for example, have a TERRIBLE temper. I either have to walk away, or I'll end up punching someone or cussing them till my voice is gone. Does that mean I'm not a Christian? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It means I am a person just like I was before and I have an issue I need to work on.

When I see an alcoholic drinking a bottle of water I don't say they are not an alcoholic anymore cause they stopped drinking rum for a few days. They just had a slip up. They'll be back to their norm soon enough. They not a hypocrite are they?

And I was warned when I got baptized that my life would suddenly be under scrutiny. Isn't that just how people are? The same people with hell-a issues and nothing good to say. Happy and content as long as you doing wrong with them but as soon as you want to do better they waiting for you to mess up. Waiting to call you a hypocrite. Waiting to say 'you aint no real Christian' No encouragement. It's almost like jubilation is hidden under stoic exteriors because they think you are cracking and about to fail.

So let me put this out in the universe now and be done with it. Nichova might still cuss you if you piss her off over prolonged occasions. Nichova might also cut you completely out of her life and not think twice about you. Nichova might even let the elevator door close if she doesn't want to share. I might gossip on my job or even think some thoughts I shouldn't. Yes I will occasionally do things like this but it is NOT my way of life. I'm a person so I'll slip up. Slowly and surely these behaviors will no longer be a part of me. The process is far more involved than just accepting Jesus one day. It's work that takes time. You can't turn a moving truck on a dime.

The term hypocrite is to be reserved for people who put on a false appearance of virtue or religion. All my virtue is real as is my religion. In my religion there is an allowance for people like me who make mistakes. It says NOTHING about being perfect. I'm just living my life and when approached I don't shy from sharing my beliefs with others.

Don't like it, peace. Like it, I'm sure you love it.

No comments: