Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm back!!!/Rat Race

I'm back!!!!

I had a WONDERFUL time. Indescribable.

Tobago was ofcourse better than Trinidad. I saw my family I hadn't laid eyes on in 15 long years!!! I can't understand why I was away for so long. Seeing Tobago as an adult was so different from what I remember as a child.

I learned alot about alot. The lessons learned on my trip will be the topics of my blogs for quite some time.

I am at work right now and I am quite exhausted. I went out with my cousins Saturday night and went directly to the airport. I arrived in New York around 6pm. Then visited some family and drove to Maryland. I was at my front door at 3am. (I'm always doing the most....) Made it to work for 9am this morning.

As I sit here I just want to leave....book a flight and heads off. I don't know what is so great about this country. I don't see the point in any of it. Why the 9-5. Why the bills. Why the cubicle. Why the stress. Why the rat race?! It's sad because we don't even realize how much of life we aren't living. I'm not saying ditch everything and move but at least recognize how large the world is and how diverse we are.

I am seriously considering attending graduate school out of the country. My little cousin and my aunt are moving to Belgium next month. Extended family is sending their kids to finishing school in Nigeria. I am all for this. Get out there. See what the world really is. It is NOT the US.

I had the luxury of not traveling as a tourist because of my family. Someone once told me that all the islands they'd been to looked the same. Snorkeling, snuba, jet ski.....bla bla bla. lol. what a shame to miss out on the rich history of these countries because instead of learning people just look for the shore.

Next stop for me is St. Lucia. I'm waiting for my cousin or dad to come with me because I HATE language barriers. I imagine that my experience there will match my time in Tobago.

But really, beware of this life we've become accustomed to. The rat race will kill you slowly. Live life.

Finally got to the water :)

No comments: