Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Empty Souls

There is a very interesting subset of human being lurking among us. These are the psychopaths.

I am very intrigued by these people. Mainly because I have had the horrible experience of personally knowing two and dealing with their insane behavior.

I've always been interested in the human mind. It is such an extraordinary computer. God is truly awesome! I worked at a Psych Hospital for a year and the range of disorders and diseases is staggering. But none are as special as the psychopath.

You see, a psychopath has NO mental dysfunction. In fact, this person is in perfect mental health. What they have instead is a personality disorder. (btw, who determines which personalities are normal?) A psychopath has no ability to feel. They cannot empathize or sympathize. They are purely driven by the desire to satisfy their personal need for something. This something might be sex, money, shelter, food, attention, other material possessions.....

Because they cannot feel genuine emotions for others, they also don't feel guilty when their actions hurt another. They don't understand the impact they have on another person's life. And telling them doesn't help. They have to manipulate the emotions of other people to get what they want. They are often subtle and almost ALWAYS have a higher IQ than the general population. To put it plainly, psychopaths prey on the emotions of others and the get better with time. You've got to be savvy to recognize one. Nichova is savvy!

That does not mean they are necessary bad people. I look at them more as robots that respond only to basic stimuli; their needs.

The only time they will display what seems to be a genuine emotion is when they are about to get caught in their deceit. As the truth begins to close in on them, the psychopath will often thrash about, lashing out as they try to regain control of the situation. This lashing out will usually get them caught even faster. The walls eventually crumble and they are exposed. But instead of being shamed into becoming a decent citizen, the psychopath will only relocate and try all over again.

Sounds stupid doesn't it. But that is what you do when you do not have emotions to help guide you through life. They cannot even learn from their own mistakes.

Nothing is sadder than a psychopath. Honestly. They are missing out on what makes life great. The first psychopath I dealt with has continued to attempt to deceive people to satisfy a selfish desire. The law got involved and this empty soul is now facing jail time.

The second is still out there. Terrorizing people because they cannot obtain the attention they so desperately desire. This one is more sophisticated but from what I've heard the end result is still the same. They end up having to relocate and try their manipulations elsewhere.

These two people have snatched me back to my original love of Psychology. I never liked Biochemistry. I only did it because I could and I thought I had to prove something. (silly reason)

I am a Cancer. I don't study Astrology but there is a rumor that we possess some subtle discerning and sometimes psychic abilities. lol . I don't think I'm a psychic but I do believe that I have the ability to pick up on someone's true character very quickly. This often pisses off psychopaths I come in contact with. This will sound weird, but their spirits always rub me the wrong way. I can see the emptiness in someone's eyes, the lack of a soul. No deception or manipulation in the world can cover those two things.

My method for dealing with psychopaths is to just leave them alone. I dont even speak to em unless I have no other choice. Honestly, I just don't become a part of their lives and I don't let them into mine. Problem is that over 4million psychopaths occupy the US alone! This means that EVERYONE has dealt with one at some point and probably didn't realize it. Take a second look at that wayward family member that lies about EVERYTHING. The manipulative coworker you cannot stand. Or even the guy you dated that seemed to be living a double life. Even that person you felt sorry for because it seemed like every week something bad happened to them. That person who's eyes gave you creeps for a split second.

Or, maybe you're the psychopath.....

No comments: