Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Am I gone forever?

I haven't written anything in awhile. Alot has happened in the last few weeks.

To keep it short, I self-destructed. Instead of retracing steps I crumbled under some immense stress and just lost my way. Now I'm exhausted and farther away from happiness than I was before.

I'm having a chit chat online with my buddy and I realized that we sound like 40yr old divorced women! Tired. Drained. Dejected. Unenthusiastic. Done!

I remember when I was a 'good' girl. 'Good' really means naive. I had the purest of hopes and dreams. Life can take a black permanent marker over your plans. I can't even remember what they were!

I just wish I could find that girl again. She existed before the loser boyfriends, the disloyal friends, debt, torn family, sex.....

So much has happened since I was 17. If I could do it all again I might just live in a cave somewhere and chill. Anything to never have jaded myself so heavily.

Things like love, decent men and fairytales seem like a joke. That shouldn't be. The world isn't all bad but it seems like I've only come across the bad; over and over and over again.

Am I gone forever? Is the real me lost forever. I pray not. That would be such a shame. I used to be the sweetest thing on two legs. Now I'm far more aggressive than I want to be but survival forces those instincts to develop.

I'll still keep a look out for fairytales and decent men(lol, that is still a funny prospect).

Can't be hopeless. I can't be lost forever.

1 comment:

Maryk6 said...

decent men... Hmm, not sure where those are but if they exist maybe its not here? I feel like deep down I'm still the same girl I've always been. Of course I'm a bit wiser and stronger as a person. When it comes to letting ppl in my life now though I am tougher. Its no easy entry. I'm at the point in my life where I am happy and content with my life and the friends I already have in it. I don't have time for the BS that ppl try to bring me or for the games these not sure if decent men play. We go through phases in our lives but that doesn't mean we should lose light of who we truly are.